Candy Corn Crochet Pattern•
Posted on October 04 2022
Love it or hate it, candy corn is a part of Halloween! Every October, I always buy at least one bag, which I slowly savor long after Halloween has passed. While I'm all for team candy corn, I know the waxy sweetness isn't for everyone. Insert crochet candy corn!
This pattern works up quickly and I love to make a bunch to decorate a tabletop or use a play food for my nieces and nephews. I also turned this candy corn into a sweet necklace, perfect for this candy holiday!
I hope you enjoy this pattern and don't forget to leave a comment on what other designs you'd like to see.
If you make these candy corn and the necklace, tag your makes with #thepudgyrabbit or @thepudgyrabbit on Instagram, I'd love to see them!
Candy Corn Crochet Pattern
- worsted weight yarn in white, orange
- size F/ 3.75 mm crochet hook
- safety pin or stitch marker to mark the start of each row
Candy Corn Necklace
- 7 crocheted candy corn
- 30 in chain necklace
- 8 mm jump rings
- beads (I used 10 mm wooden beads)
-in American crochet terms-
st = stitch
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
inc = single crochet increase
dec = single crochet decrease
rnd = round
sl st = slip stitch
* * = set of stitches to be repeated
( ) = total number of stitches in a round
rep = repeat
Starting with white yarn
rnd 1: ch 2, sc 4 in 2nd ch from the hook (4 st)
rnd 2: *sc 1, inc 1* rep 2 times (6 st)
rnd 3: *sc 1, inc 1* repeat 3 times, switch to orange yarn at the end of the rnd (9 st)
rnd 4: *sc 2, inc 1* repeat 3 times (12 st)
rnd 5: *sc 3, inc 1* repeat 3 times, switch to yellow yarn at end of rnd (15 st)
rnd 6: *sc 4, inc 1* repeat 3 times (18 st)
rnd 7: *sc 1, dec 1* repeat 6 times (12 st)
rnd 8: dec 4, stuff, dec 2, skip 1 st, sl st (4 st)
Fasten off and weave in ends.
Candy Corn Necklace
- Plan out the number of beads you’d like between each piece of candy corn. To help visualize how the necklace will look, I laid out the chain and experimented with different bead and corn combos. I ended up doing a pattern of 2, 3, 3, and 4 beads, and then reversing the combo for the second half of the necklace.
- String your beads onto the chain.
- Using pliers, open the jump rings and loop through the top of each candy corn.
- Loop jump ring first candy corn in the middle of your chain, with beads on either side and close the jump ring. Repeat with the rest of the candy corn pieces, placing each one between the beads, following the pattern you created in step 1.
Candy Corn Crochet Pattern © 2022 The Pudgy Rabbit, LLC